Thursday, August 28, 2014

Bright Colors = Improved Mood

Today's card combines my new watercolors with distress inks, as I played along with Clean and Simple #303.  My mood improves when I play with bright colors.  Here is my card . . .


Here is the sketch I was working from . . .



My background was created using a stamp that was inked up in Tim Holtz Distress Inks, and then spritzed with a very light coating of water so that where my colors overlapped, I would get some good blending.  The popsicle was stamped using a black pigment ink that was clear embossed, and then I colored with my watercolor paints.  Love those watercolors! 


Pattern paper for my banners . . . sequins from Pretty Pink Post for some added interest, and a card is born.

Create something colorful, and it improves your mood!



Supplies Used - Popsicle
Cardstock:  Simon Says Stamp* and Close To My Heart
Pattern Paper:  Bo Bunny Lemonade Stand*
Stamps:  Ice Cream Dreams from Simon Says Stamp*
Ink:  Distress Inks, Versafine and Clear Embossing Powder, Gansai Tambi Watercolors
Other:  Pretty Pink Post Sequins

*from August Simon Says Stamp Card Kit

1 comment:

  1. Love this happy bright card, Debbie! Anyone would be happy to receive this card, my birthday is coming up, (hint, hint) ;) Only kidding!

    ReplyDelete