Saturday, June 14, 2014

StampNation Inspiration

I'm often inspired by the creative and friendly group of crafty people on StampNation, and I wanted to share some of the creations that came out of StampNation Live, which I attended nearly two months ago.  I had shared some a few months ago on my blog (this post here), and you may remember that I talked about the "try-it tables" that they had, where we were able to play with some new techniques and products.

I left the tables with some "swatches" and did finally finish up some cards to share. 

Swatch #1 was a piece of white cardstock with  a watercolor image on it.  It was created using the Tim Holtz Distress Markers.  The markers were used to color the stamped images, we then sprayed with water and stamped.  I think this is absolutely gorgeous!  I love that depending on the amount of water, you get a completely different look (you can see I have more water on the flower to the right).  I've already used this technique on some cards.  One was posted just a week or so ago, and if you want you can check it out here.  


When I took my swatch back to my table, I pulled some orange and black cardstock and created this card.  I absolutely love that flower stamp and am so tempted to hunt it down, but I'm challenging myself to find a similar stamp in my stash to create a similar card.  Stay tuned! 


Swatch #2 was a watercolor piece created using the Tim Holtz Distress markers, and I think I probably need to perfect the technique a bit as it looks a little streaky.  I'm not sure if I needed more water, or if running the marker across the watercolor paper needs to be perfected, but I used the panel anyway.  


I took it back to my table, corner rounded, mounted it on black cardstock, added the stamped images, the ribbon, the sequins and mounted it all on a white card base.


Now, Swatch #3 surprised me.  There were beautiful samples at the table, and when I walked away with my swatch I remember thinking . . . wow . . . I really messed that one up.  I though this was my one swatch that would land in the trash bin.

The center piece was done on canvas, and we sprayed with die inks (forgive me for not remembering the exact brand of spray).  We then used a stencil with some embossing paste, and from there I added some super, super sparkly glitter that was available.  Well, let me tell you!  I walked away with that canvas and was thinking, this is a bit of a mess.  It was literally covered in glitter . . . everywhere.  You could see bits of red and green under it.

So, once it dried, I took a baby wipe and laid it over the canvas, pressed it and lifted.  All that excess glitter was coming up.  I repeated a few times, and there was my stenciled design and my color.  


I stamped the scallop circle image from Hero Arts, and then cut a circle window for my canvas to display below.  This one got a lot of ooohs and ahhhs from those who passed by my table.  


I have canvas on my shopping list (have not gotten there yet).

Hope you enjoyed my shared swatches.  

If you are looking to learn new techniques and stay connected with some awesome, friendly, crafty people, I highly recommend StampNation.  It is "virtually" so inspiring.


Supplies Used - Thinking of You
Cardstock:  Neenah, Stampin' Up, Bazzill and Watercolor
Stamps:  Penny Black
Ink:  Tim Holtz Distress Markers and Ranger Archival Black
Ribbon:  Stampin' Up


Supplies Used - Truth Is - Distress Markers
Cardstock:  Stampin' Up and Watercolor paper
Stamps:  CAS-ual Fridays
Ink:  Tim Holtz Markers and Versafine Black Ink
Ribbon:  Stampin' Up
Other:  Pretty Pink Posh Sequins

Supplies Used - Merry Christmas Canvas
Cardstock:  Stampin' Up
Stamps:  Hero Arts and CAS-ual Fridays
Dies:  Sizzix Scallop Circle
Ink:  Memento 
Other:  Ki Rhinestones

Canvas swatch in the center was made at StampNation Live, and I can't remember the supplies used . . . But there was embossing paste, sprays and glitter involved!

No comments:

Post a Comment