Sunday, March 17, 2013

EPCOT - What was all the stress about?

EPCOT is one of my favorite Disney parks, but not the easiest to create layouts for when teaching a class. So when challenged by a friend to use that theme for an upcoming class, there was a struggle.

The problem with creating for classes is that you have to be somewhat generic. You want the layout to appeal to a wide range of Disney scrappers. So I never want to do anything too childlike because they adult Disney enthusiasts may not have pictures.  Anything specific to a country means you would have to have multiple photos from one specific country. 

When I say I struggled for weeks, I am not lying. I picked out paper and returned paper twice before settling on pick number three. That batch sat for about two weeks while my creative mojo was on hiatus. I knew I at least wanted Spaceship Earth, and I had found some SEI paper to represent, but what else?

My mojo returned when my LSS, New England Scrapbook Co. had the Tim Holtz Picture Wheel die.  Have you seen it . . .


Remember the Viewmaster Projector?  Glorious visual fun, much like a picture book, where with a click of the side button, you spun the wheel to the next photo. When I saw that Sizzix die, it all just clicked.


One wheel with the flags representing the eleven countries in the World Showcase, and the other representing some of the many sites in Future World.   The images for both worlds were found on the internet and shrunken down . . . but I think in the future I might think to shrink some photos of my own. 



Twenty kits were made and on class day 19 were spoken for . . . just one remained on the counter after class.

So what was all the stress about?  I have no clue. 

Supplies Used
Cardstock:  Bazzill
Pattern Paper:  SEI

Stamps:  CTMH's A Typeface and Stamps of Life (list2write)
Cricut:  Disney Mickey and Friends and Art Philosophy (CTMH)
Die Cuts:  Tim Holtz Picture Wheel Die
Ink:  Colorbox






No comments:

Post a Comment