Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Rosy Regards for a Challenge

I always love playing around with a challenge when I can find the time. I decided to play along with The Play Date Cafe this week. The inspiration for this week was awesome . . .




The black, gray, yellow and white were so pretty together, and the yellow roses reminded me that I had a rose stamp just waiting to be used! Here is my design . . .


I love black, white, and any other color together. I find them to really be stunning. I had a hard time bringing in the green for the leaves, but it worked in the end. I did use a bit of embossing powder on the flower, which gave some dimension.

My supplies . . . Cardstock, Pattern Paper and Ribbon from my scrap stash; Ink from Stampin' Up and Close To My Heart; Stamp Set is Rosy Regards from Close To My Heart; Twine from the Twinery.

Hmmm . . . with more scraps, I see a card in a similar color combination in my future.

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty card, love the glitter! Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love these colors together, too :-0

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a genuinely sweet and touching card... lovely. Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete