Sunday, March 4, 2012

Freshly Made #24

With my scraps of Basic Grey still on hand, I sat down to create another card to add to my set of four, making a set of six from the same product.  This time I used Freshly Made Sketches as my inspiration.

The sketch . . .


And my design . . .



I went outside of my comfort zone on the stamping, as I typically do not mix stamps.  For this design I used three stamps, but the real stretch for me was the lighter background butterfly, which I really love. 

Always a good idea to step outside the comfort zone, as it brings great inspiration for other projects down the road.  And inspiration is a great thing!

Happy paper crafting!


(Supplies used:  Cardstock: Basic Grey; Pattern Paper: Basic Grey; Ribbon: American Crafts; Stamps: Unity January KOTM; Ink: Close to my Heart; Jewels: KaiserCraft

3 comments:

  1. You have done a great job with your layering technique, and I am sure they look just lovely in real as they do here!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are great cards! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely layered stamping; I love that butterfly stamp. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete