Monday, September 16, 2024

Hope

The prompt at Just Us Girls reminded me of a song from the 90's by Janis Ian. The lyrics mention that "hope" is just a four-letter word. I had the song in my head as I created this card. 



I had received the butterfly stamp set and the dies as part of a challenge back in August, so they were on my desk and ready for play. I also had just ordered the sentiment set used here, and it was close-by and waiting for me to break open the packaging.

Turnabout stamps are a fun challenge. I went with tertiary colors in the hopes it would blend together nicely. 

Supplies Used - Hope

Stamps and Dies:  Defined Stamp Set and Die, Fluttering By Turnabout Stamp Set, and Butterfly Perfectly Pairing Die (Concord & 9th);

Ink & Embossing:  It's a Boy, Serenade, Sixteen Candles, and Be Mine (Catherine Pooler Ink); Embossing Powder and Opaque Bright White Embossing Powder (Wow); Vellum (Concord & 9th);

Paper:  White Cardstock (Scrapbook & Cards Today); Black Cardstock and White Glitter Cardstock (Concord & 9th); 





2 comments:

  1. Butterflies are a symbol of hope and you have plenty of them on your lovely card, Debbie. Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all of your pretty butterflies! This is a lovely card, Debbie. Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete