Saturday, March 10, 2018

Birthday Critters

Sharing a card that I made using the inspiration at Stamp Ink Paper.  Their challenge this week was four legged friends. 

I've long been a huge fan of my four-legged friends . . . have had a dog or cat, and usually multiples, in my life since Santa brought my first puppy when I was a kindergartner.   So I thought about those leftover supplies from my Simon Says Stamp kit that was all "holiday-ish".  I remembered the cat and dog stamps that came with the kit and thought, why not.  I can take those Christmas supplies and go all birthday mode. 


I steered clear of reds and greens in the coloring of my images.  Does it work?  I hope it works.  I tried a little something different and stamped on a scrap of the Bazzill dot paper, which is a dry embossed paper.  


Always love the detail a white pen will offer.  And the little guy on the right reminds me of a dog we had for 17 years that passed a little over a year ago. 

Love my four-legged friends. 

I hope you find some time to create! 

Debbie



Supplies Used - Happy Birthday
Stamps and Dies:  Christmas Squad Stamps (Simon Says Stamp); Kindness Sampler (Paper Smooches)
Ink & Embossing:  Tuzedo Black (Memento); Copic Markers or coloring
Paper: Milk and Cookies Paper (Doodlebug); White Dot Paper (Bazzill); Solar White (Neenah); Glitter Paper (Tonic)
Other: Signo Uniball White Pen

2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card Debbie! That paper really does work for your birthday card! I really like your critters stamped on that dotted paper. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Love the polka dot papers! Cute design and cute critters. Thanks for joining us at Stamp Ink Paper, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete