Sunday, November 23, 2014

Patriotic Card for CASology

Whether it's a birthday around Independence Day, Flag Day, or perhaps Election Day, this card was inspired by this week's CASology challenge . . . the Cue Card was "Flag." 


I was inspired to use some birthday stamps to create an American flag image on my card.  I had some graph pattern paper in my October kit from The Stamps of Life which was perfect for lining everything up.  I did not realize until after that my proportions were on target.  There are 13 stripes on an American flag and I managed to get them all on there without trying, seven red and six white.  


I'll have to give this wordplay a try on some other cards . . . definitely a fun challenge. 

Hope you find some time to create today. 


Supplies Used - Patriotic Birthday
All product from The Stamps of Life October Card Kit except for the following:

Ink:  Stampin' Up, Versamark, and Ranger Embossing Powder

3 comments:

  1. Debbie, this is such a fun, patriotic birthday card! Great way to use your sentiment stamps! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! I love that you made a flag! It turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you created here, Debbie! So fun and perfect!

    ReplyDelete