Sunday, November 2, 2014

Craving Some Card Creation

I did a lot of creating this weekend, but it was all about designing pages for an upcoming crop.  I had a "craving for card creation" this morning and decided to play along with Merry Monday's challenge, which was to use snowflakes, dry embossing and neutral colors. 


For my snowflakes, I used a Sizzix embossing folder that had a snowman with snowflakes embedded in his body.  The snowman is debossed, so the flakes in his body are embossed, which meant I could fill them with some Stickles.  I love the effect.  I used a snowflake punch to create my border, and used the punched snowflakes from the border to decorate the page with snowflakes falling.


That right border piece with the stripes was created using glitter tape from Close To My Heart.  I alternated stripes of black, gold and silver, and when I created my sentiment, I made sure that the words matched the stripes where they were adhered.

I think I missed creating cards this weekend!  I truly have shifted my love of scrapbooking to a love for stamping and card making.  The secret is out!

Hope you find to create today, in whatever format that might be.  Cheers!  



Supplies Used - Merry Monday
Cardstock:  Neenah and Close To My Heart
Stamps:  The Stamps of Life October Card Kit Stamp
Ink:  Versamark and Ranger Gold and Silver Embossing Powder
Other:  EK Success Snowflake Border Punch, Martha Stewart Snowflake Punch, Sizzix Embossing Folder, Close To My Heart Glitter Tape, Stickles

2 comments:

  1. That snowman embossing folder rocks! I love the look you achieved here, Debbie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Debbie...I love the way you used the punched snowflakes on your card!

    ReplyDelete