Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Play Date Cafe Challenge #97

Another Play Date Cafe Challenge! 

I love this weekly challenge, and I think it's about the beauty they bring to colors.  The photo that they post for inspiration is always so inviting.  This week's challenge was really awesome, because it included one of my favorite color combinations . . . black and white with a splash of red.  



So the idea behind the color splash was to create something in black and add just a splash of color . . . and they specifically said RED! 

So here is my design . . .


The cardstock, paper and flower were from my LSS, New England Scrapbook Company . . . and let me just say, the flowers are blooming at NESC this week, as they have a great collection of new flowers in the house!  AWESOME! 

I used my Stamping Up Top Note die (cut in half and trimmed on the sides) to create the illusion of a flap.  I also mixed two stamp sets . . . the birds and sentiment were from Close to My Heart.  The border at the bottom where my splash of red appears is from Unity Stamp.  My stamped images were embossed using white ink and an opague embossing powder.

Loving this challenge!  

2 comments:

  1. Awesome embossing! It really is striking against the black background of your card, and that flower, WOWZERS! So wonderfully elegant! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! I love embossing white on black--great job! LOVE the flower!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete