Saturday, July 18, 2026

Waving Hello

My card today was inspired by the prompt at Time Out Challenges, and I had so much fun creating this scene. 

I've been revisiting some of my Avery Elle stamps and went in that direction for today's card.


I just love the little critters all swimming together. My water was created with pattern paper, which I fussy cut along the waves and then ink blended the top edges.   

I have a love/hate relationship with textured cardstock. As a scrapbooker, I always loved the extra interest it added to a page. But as a card maker today, I don't always love it for ink blended backgrounds, and yet it doesn't stop me from going in that direction. This one felt right, especially when I added the sun, so I stuck with it.  

The baby ducks just make me smile.

Find something that makes you smile today!

Debbie

Supplies Used -  Waving Hello Fox and Chicks

Stamps and Dies:  Outside In Scalloped Stitched Rectangle Dies (Lawn Fawn); Make a Splash Stamp Set and Die (Avery Elle);

Ink & Embossing:  Cummerbund, Fiesta Blue, Chiffon, Limoncello and Midnight (Catherine Pooler Inks); Jet Black (Lawn Fawn); Copic Markers; Clear Gloss, Black and White Gel Pens (Sakura);

Paper: Lily White Cardstock (Bazzill); Solar White (Neenah); Scraps of pattern paper from stash;

Other: Corner Rainbow and Slimline Cloudy Stencil (Lawn Fawn); Confetti (Pretty Pink Posh); Crystal Stickles (Ranger); 





2 comments:

  1. What a totally sweet little scene. I love that you used the scallop border and the background patterned paper is perfect. Your little duckies swimming behind a fox in his flamingo floatie is just too adorable! So glad you shared this with us at Time Out this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant Debbie - I adore the cute vixen in her flamingo inflatable waving to all those little duckies! Fabulous stencilled background too! Thanks for joining us at Time Out Challenges this fortnight for our Water Challenge!
    Hugs, Kate!

    ReplyDelete