Sunday, May 8, 2011

CASE Study Challenge #38

I wanted to inspire myself with a few challenges this weekend in celebration of National Scrapbooking Day (which was yesterday).  What better way to celebrate than to take all my layout scraps and try to create a card or two.  I found a few challenges, and I started with the CASE Study Challenge.  It is challenge #38 (to be exact).

THE CHALLENGE:  Create a paper crafting project (card, layout, off-the-page item), based on provided inspiration.

THE INSPIRATION from their Muse:


MY DESIGN AND RAMBLINGS . . . I rarely make vertical cards with a top fold, so that was the very first piece of inspiration I wanted to take from the design.  I wanted to "stamp" my stitching onto the card using an acrylic stamp, instead of pulling my machine out.  My intent was to then use a scallop circle in lieu of a doily, although that suddenly went by the wayside.  It is amazing how you start inspired with one idea, and you end up with another. I kept with the theme of flowers, buttons and twine . . . and here is my design (oh, I made a rhyme) . . .






Instead of a scallop circle, I went with a square of cardstock that I punched with a border punch.  It makes a nice little frame for my sentiment.  I pulled together some flowers, jewels, buttons and baker's twine, and a little "pick me up" card is born.

Great challenge!

4 comments:

  1. I love your cards, they are beautiful. Thanks for visiting my blog, I am following you too. Thanks for the great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!! Thanks for stopping by the mother's day blog hop! New follower

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, your design turned out beautifully, even if it wasn't in the intended direction! Love the stamped stitched edges and those darling flowers! Glad to have you playing along with us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fun! I just love that stitching, too!:)

    ReplyDelete