Sunday, April 24, 2011

CASE Study Challenge #36

I committed myself to a few challenges this weekend, and I am always frustrated because I find challenges I want to do, but I don't follow through.  Sometimes I finish them, but never post.  Sometimes I start them, but don't finish.  I've got a whole list of excuses and scenarios (just give me a moment).

So . . . a new one that I found called CASE Study Challenge Blog.  The idea is to be challenged and inspired by some very talented paper crafters . . . no stress and sounded like fun.  So I went to work. The challenge was to create a paper crafting project (card, layout, off-the-page item), based on provided inspiration which follows below . . .


There was so much that I loved about the design above, so I was excited to get to work.  My plan was to get all flowery, but I shifted gears a bit and was suddenly heading in a different direction.

There it was on my table . . . a black Doodle Bug Create-A-Card which is phenomenal and available at my LSS, New England Scrapbook Company.  Hmmm . . . I had intended to use this for a Disney card, but what a challenge to use this card that is a little off from the norm with it's scallop edge on the front flap.  I added stamped images from "Flight of the Bee" from Clear and Simple Stamps . . . some dew drops, stickles, scraps of paper and ribbon from my stash, and my creation was finished.


CASE Study Challenge #36 - COMPLETE!

(I finished one!)

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!!!! I love this. I just ordered that CSS set, too, so you've definitely given me some inspiration with this one. So glad you joined us this week at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is darling, this set is so much fun and works so well with that paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm vdry glad you joined in! Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the CASE study challenge, and the stickles look so fab on the bees!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEEEE-autiful!!! Love your bee theme...too cute Debbie! Thanks for playing along :)! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great and pretty card !
    Thanks for commenting in my blog ;-)
    Have a great Monday !
    ~Maria Elena~
    http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! Love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete